Best. Banana. Bread. Ever.
My little family loves it. I like to cut slices and toast them. Then I add light cream cheese (strawberry or chocolate).
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 2 medium-size, ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 6 Tbsp (90 ml) maple syrup (I find that 1\4 cup (60 ml) is enough)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1 tsp baking soda (I put 3 tsp (1 tbsp) of baking powder since I had no baking soda)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- Crushed walnuts (or any kind of nuts)
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs until the yolks break apart. Whisk in the yogurt, bananas, maple syrup, and vanilla, mixing until smooth.
- Stir in the oats, baking soda, and cinnamon. Finally, spoon in the flour and gently stir it in until just combined. Add crushed walnuts (keep some to sprinkle on top)
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, spreading it out evenly. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Bon appétit!