To be honest, I don’t often cook with protein powder. I don’t really like the taste and texture it gives.
But this protein mug cake is an exception. @marielotus_ had given it to me a few years ago and I have always continued to make it.
My husband and I absolutely love it. It’s like a restaurant dessert!
I like to top it with Halo Top Ice Cream and fresh fruits.
- 1 scoop of whey protein of your choice
- 2 tbsp of cacao
- 1\4 cup of almond milk or regular milk (I usually use regular milk)
- A pinch of baking soda
- Mix all the ingredients until the batter is smooth.
- Put the mixture in a microwave safe mug or a ramekin.
- Cook in the microwave for 40-50 sec.
- If the cake batter is still gooey, cook for a few more seconds.
- Allow the cake to cool for a minute before adding Halo Top Ice Cream.